Penny Palace

Penny Palace

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

It's A Wonderful Life for Bailey

 Hi Penny Pals-


Last week I wrote to you about a little abandoned doggie which Doc and I met on a walnut farm at an Airbnb in Tracy, CA.  It was amazing how many people were touched by that story.  There are a lot of kind-hearted dog lovers in this group.

 





This morning I mailed a package to Little One at her new home in Atlanta.  The package contained a stuffed toy and a Love Letter -- a compilation of your comments. (Attached if any of you want to read that).

 

Are you anxious to hear what has happened to the Little One in the past week?  It is Wonderful!

 

******************

******************


Last Wednesday morning (one week ago) Doc and I kissed the little doggie goodbye and left her in the care of her new human mommy, Michelle.  That afternoon she was taken to the vet to check on her condition.  




 







For the next few days Little One was bathed, pampered, fed, and loved.  It turns out Michelle's Brother Dennis and Sister-in-Law Luzie were traveling with Michelle, so Little One quickly won over all their hearts.




 

Little One obtained her Travel Carrier, Certificate of Health (required 'boarding' pass for her) and her ticket for Delta.  She was Ready to Fly!



 

The new family has given Little One the name Bailey because "We initially saw her sleeping on a bail of hay.  (Bail-Hay) = Bailey"

 

Late Monday evening the Family flew from Sacramento to Atlanta.  Bailey evidently was quite a good passenger.  She arrived in her new abode around 7 a.m. Tuesday and was quick to settle in to her new surroundings.





******************

******************

 

Hi Folks-

 

It's me, Bailey.  Mommy has gone to werk 2day, so I hav sum tym to tank all of U.  

Ms. Tina sed you all has bin sending your luv and bin Celebrating dat I got a familee now!


Last Wednesday (1 week ago), I kissed Ms. Tina and Mr. Doc goodbye.  Day helped me connect wid my new mommy Michelle. 



Dat day Mommy Michelle tuk me to de vet.  Dat was not so fun.  De vet sed I had 2 much sun expsur and I needed sum good feedin.  No Kidding!  I could have told dem dat and saved dem de medical fees.

 

For de next few days, I got to know Mommy Michelle, Uncle Dennis and Aunt Luzie.  Uncle Dennis has a real nice lap to keep me comfortable and warm.

 


On Sunday I got a bath, then wee went fur a car ride to meet my new Grandmother.  That was fun.

 

Monday night wee went to an airport.  I had no idea what dat was.  I was put in a soft carrier thingy.  Luckily I am kinda cute, so it was OK when I would peek out now and then.

   

 





 

 

 

Den wee went in dis big tube where der wer lots of people all crammed togeder.  My Mommy Michelle held me and Aunt Suzie sat next to me, so I was not afraid.

 




 

 

Day said we were flying from Sacramento to my new home in Atlanta.  Dis is what I saw when we arrived around 7 a.m. Tuesday morning.  Beautiful Fall leaves everywhere!






 

An hour later Mommy had to leave for werk.  I had lots of new things to explore.  By the time Mommy came home at lunchtime to check on me, I had established the front porch, front yard and big sofa as MY territory.  Der is a fence around de yard, so now I don't need to worry about coyotes attacking me.

 

 





 

 

When Mommy came home from werk she was pretty tired so I let her lie down on my sofa wid me.  Dat was nice snuggle time.

 

 



 

I tink I am going to like dis new place.

It's gonna be A Wonderful Life

 

Bailey

 

 


 

No comments: