Penny Palace

Penny Palace

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Happy Tail


This story is for all of you who like Happy Tales ... and Wagging Tails.  Dog Lovers will "get it".  Others won't or will question my sanity.

 

It's a long story, so read it when you have a few minutes to really savor it and enJOY the details leading to the conclusion. (Great bedtime story).  It would not be as "Miraculous" if I just jumped to the Conclusion immediately.

 

**************

**************

 



This past weekend Doc and I drove the 370 miles to the Sacramento area in order to spend time with his brother.  I booked three nights at an AirBnB cottage because it was less expensive than the typical motel and I thought a farm stay might be more fun.

 

**************

 




Sunday Doc and I were sent driving directions to the Farm as well as instructions "not to feed or pet the abandoned dog" we might encounter.  Sure enough, when we arrived, this little soul was there to greet us.  It was very skittish, but yet excited to have visitors.  I obeyed instructions and did not feed or try to touch the little one.





 

**************

Monday Morning Doc and I were greeted with the bleating of goats rather than an alarm clock.  That was fun.  As I exited the cottage, the little doggie came flying across the field just bounding with joy!  It was difficult to refrain from petting it or feeding the obviously hungry little thing.

 

Late Monday evening the doggie was there to greet us when we returned to the Cottage.  So difficult to resist the cuteness.  It just needed some love -- and food!  The sound of coyotes in the distance was not comforting.

 

**************


Tuesday morning I was again greeted by the little ball of joy when I emerged from the Cottage. Heartbreaking to realize that someone had probably dumped it.  

 

Tuesday evening Doc and I met the Farm Hosts.  They said they have seen many animals dumped in their area.  I told them how loving this little doggie seemed to be.  The hosts gave me the go ahead to feed it and pet it!!!  Doc and I immediately went to a store and bought some dog food. Yippee!

 

When I set down a container of food for the little doggie, it warily grabbed the container and ran off to devour it near where its friends the goats were.  Then it came back.  It let me pet it and do some belly rubs!  It was a SHE.   

 

Our hosts had mentioned that the lady in the other Cottage was also wanting to feed and pet the doggie. Yay!  Another dog lover.

 

 

**************


Wednesday morning I fed the little doggie, then stroked her and said prayers over her asking for God's protection of her and that somehow she would find the love and family she deserved.  I had tears as I left her.  I left the remaining dog food at the door of the other cottage in hopes that the guests there might get the hint and feed the little fur ball.

 

The woman next door came out while on a phone call and yelled, "Thanks!  We got the food!"  I felt compelled to venture over and speak with her.  We spoke of the doggie’s sweet spirit and desire to be loved.  She asked if I could take it home?  I asked if SHE could take it home?  Unfortunately she lives in Atlanta Georgia.  However ... she had already casually checked airline prices to transport a little doggie!!!  WHAT?!?!  I had just sent a prayer a few minutes earlier for the little soul to find a "Forever Home."  Could this really be an answer to that prayer?  It seemed impossible.  It would take a miracle or two to make all this happen.

 

The woman and I continued talking.  In addition to a plane ticket, the doggie would require a vet check, shots, a bath, leash and collar, a transport cage, and more.  That would cost hundreds of dollars.  Plus the woman had only one more week remaining on her vacation so she would need to scramble to make all this happen. 

 

The woman was unsure what to do.  It is a 10-15 year commitment as well as a considerable expense to adopt a fur baby.  It should not be an impulse decision.   Suddenly I blurted, "If I pitched in $xxx would that help in making your decision?"  She laughed!!!!  Evidently, she had been thinking of making that same offer to any other persons/guests on the farm if THEY would adopt the little pup.


I provided the woman with my contact information and asked her for hers.  She wrote "Michelle ...... on Woodland ... in Atlanta"  No way!  Do you recall the recent Gnome Home story I sent you?  The tenants who seem to be an answer to our prayers?  That "perfect tenant" is named Michelle - on Woodland Drive!  Is that another coincidence?  Answer to prayer?  Godwink?  It appeared that God was confirming that the little doggie was meant to go to a new home with Michelle in Georgia!


 

 

I had tears as Doc and I drove away.  Tears of JOY knowing the little doggie might have a new home and tears of sadness knowing I would probably never see her again.

 

It was a long drive home for Doc and me.  The final hours were in stop and go traffic, but my heart was soaring!  Michelle kept sending photos.  Doggie in the car on the way to the vet.  Doggie getting weighed in at the vet.  Doggie going back to the cottage.  Doggie getting a bath.  Doggie snuggling with her new family at bedtime.  






 



Infinite JOY!

 

 

 

Conclusion: God cares about every creature and can make the seemingly impossible POSSIBLE!

 

No comments: