Penny Palace

Penny Palace

Sunday, November 29, 2020

New Tools / Taking Action


 Tools for working on household projects are analogous to tools to work on our lives.  Buying the tools is the easy part.  (We each have been given unique tools/talents).  However, it is one thing to own the tools, it’s another thing to know how to use them.  Today Doc and I continued working on the repair of our wood fence which was damaged in the recent windstorm.  I used a regular bit instead of an impact bit to put in the first screw.  I did not know the difference.  Ruined that bit on the very first usage!

I would contend that over the centuries numerous books have been written to serve as “instruction manuals” for us to study and employ in our daily lives.  Reading those helpful manuals hopefully will help us avoid too many “screw ups” and make our jobs easier.  But even after reading the instruction books, we need to Take Action! 

 

Getting motivated to actually do something with our tools (talents) takes effort.   Very much like a piece of exercise equipment.  It’s one thing to have it inside your house, another thing to know how to use it (for more than hanging laundry on it) and then there is the difficult part – getting motivated to actually use it on a regular basis.

 

How gratifying to see such progress when we use the tools (skills/talents) which each of us have been given to make things better for people around us.




 

***********

This month Home Depot has been having a tool sale.  Doc was like a kid in a candy shop when he saw all the displays.  He wanted the circular saw, the drill, the impact driver, the chain saw ….  Doc said since it was my birthday, I REALLY NEEDED some tools.   LOL.  See the scrapbook page I made to tell the story.

 

I know of women who would prefer the $$ be spent on jewelry, shoes, clothing, etc.  As for me, I’ll take the tools!  No-Brainer!


 

No comments: