Sunday, May 24, 2020
This morning Doc and I were working out in the yard. A vehicle with two passengers flipped a U-Turn and stopped in front of our mailbox. My honest first thought? "God. I don't really want to chitchat this morning. I have one hour of Doc's time out here. Please don't drag me into something right now.... Can I ignore this?" The answer came back: "No".
The two ladies gave me a thumbs up and shouted out the car window. "We agree! Love your display! We just HAD to turn around and tell you that!"
Of course, I dropped my tools to go talk to them. Mother and Daughter. Daughter studying at UC Davis saying she periodically drives through this neighborhood and dreams of having a home similar to this in a neighborhood such as this. Mom is giving facial expressions like "Yeah Right".
I told them how our son used to drive through this neighborhood saying he wanted to live in this area some day. He encouraged Doc and I to think about building our dream house in this neighborhood as well. We did. Our thoughts -- IMPOSSIBLE! WAY BEYOND our capabilities! Most of you know the story .... the Penny Palace exists. With Divine Assistance, the PENNY PALACE stands as a shining tribute to Manifesting, Prayers, COINcidences, the Laws of Attraction, etc.
This morning was an unexpected encounter of mutual JOY and inspiration. EVERY day and EVERY Encounter provide opportunities to learn and share.
Thursday, May 21, 2020
Iggy is the ceramic yard Iguana at the GARDEN of HOPE. He welcomes people at the front door there. He was severely injured in what we believe to be an unprovoked attack by a weed whacker.
For weeks I had been seeking solutions as to how to repair Iggy's Face! A Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon was Needed. Where do you go for someone with such skills? Google search results were not at all helpful.
My solution of using a paper mask is in COVID fashion right now, but it was not going to withstand the watering and elements long-term.
I had pretty much given up hope in finding a solution to this problem. I left it in the hands of the Universe.
Lesson: Don’t give up Hope. A solution exists!
Doc and I were hauling wheelbarrow loads of rocks from across the street to our house. A neighbor Sarah walked past. She stopped to chat. She is an Expressive Arts Educator!
Was it really COINcidence that Sarah should be walking past at the precise time Doc and I were out in the street? I told her about Iggy and then sent her a photo. She said she would order some material and when it arrived, she would do her best to reconstruct Iggy’s face.
Today Surgeon Sarah Delivered Iggy
Look at Iggy Now!
What are the odds of MANIFESTING a cosmetic surgeon for an Iguana? The Law of Attraction in Action!!!
Do YOU have a challenging situation?
Where will YOU turn for YOUR answers? Google? Wikipedia? Other?
Sunday, May 10, 2020
Our world has been turned totally upside down with this COVID-19 virus. Many of us had a multitude of plans which have now been drastically altered.
Doc and I had planned to be on a 24-Day Walkabout in Australia at this time. Instead, due to COVID-19, we are Walking About our local area!
We (I) made a list of 24 Action Items to do instead of being in Australia. (There are now over 80 items on that list). We are working daily on those items and sure getting a lot done around the house and yard. Thank goodness the home improvement stores are still open.
Of course we are disappointed that we are not Down Under having fun with our friends. Rather than lamenting our situation, every day we are having fun with some “INSTEAD Ofs.”
Here are 12 of our INSTEAD OFs:
1) Instead of enjoying a glass of wine on “The Rocks” ** overlooking Sydney Harbour, we enjoyed a glass of wine on the rocks overlooking our back yard!
**The Rocks is a historic laneway community in the shadow of Sydney Harbour Bridge.
|Wine on the Rocks|
The dogs are sure loving this “Shelter at Home” stuff.
3) Instead of enjoying a picnic lunch in a lovely park with Aussie Meat Pies and Eucalyptus Trees, we enjoyed burgers from a fast-food place in the rain in an asphalt parking lot with Palm Trees.
4) Instead of being pampered with exotic facials at some ritzy salon, we sewed and wore custom facemasks.
5) Instead of the Mighty Murray River flowing past our hotel room, we have the Shelton Stream flowing past our patio. After several years of intermittent-operation, we finally conducted the repairs and have it flowing again. Such joy!
6) Instead of trying out new Aussie eateries or pubs, we tried out new frozen meals from the grocery store. This frozen Wonton Soup is pretty tasty. Plus it is cheaper than going out to dinner, there is no preparation work, it only takes five minutes to heat, and there are zero dinner dishes to wash (except for the spoons).
7) Instead of viewing brush in the Outback, we were viewing local snow capped mountains.
8) Instead of rotating around the Eye in Melbourne, we rotated the hose reel we helped install for a friend.
|Rotating the Reel|
9) Instead of enjoying fabulous Australian botanical gardens and parks, we spent days “flat out”. We cleared rocks, prepared the soil, and planted flowers in this HUGE area of our back yard! LOL
|Creating Our Own Garden|
10) Instead of sleeping in unique and Down Under hotels, we slept in the Aussie guest room of our home.
|The Aussie Guest Room|
11) Instead of appreciating famous paintings on the walls of art galleries, we created our own paintings – the concrete on our driveway and the walkway to our front door.
12) Instead of writing dozens of postcards from the passenger seat of a hire car, I wrote dozens of postcards at our dining table. Pros – Postage mailed in US is only 35¢ versus $3.20 per card if mailed from Australia! LOL
|Postcards, Postcards, Postcards|
CONCLUSION: When life doesn’t go quite as planned, LOOK FOR THE INSTEAD OFs. Sometimes they can be pretty amazing (as well as humorous).
Monday, April 13, 2020
Sharing a Silly Moment with you as we begin another Week of Shelter at Home. I read this and thought it was cute. EnJOY!
Be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down! Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are getting bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end, the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing. The vacuum was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over! The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ........yes, you guessed it .....pull myself together.
Monday, January 27, 2020
WOW! It has been nearly one YEAR (3 February 2019) since I wrote the last “Tale from the Penny Palace”. That is really difficult to believe. Almost EVERY day there is a “miracle” or “lesson to be learned”. Miracles are all around us. Here is a recent example ….
Last Friday night Doc was hollering from the kitchen. I thought he was yelling “Blood, blood!” I ran to find water flowing through the kitchen. He was yelling “Flood, flood!” The song “Surfing USA” came to mind, but it was not funny at the time.
The ice maker on our freezer had once again malfunctioned. After shutting off the water, Doc and I got out towels and the wet/dry vacuum to clean up the mess. The fridge was only 16+ years old and was working just fine – except for that ice maker. We had already replaced it once, replaced the door handle, the other handle was cracked, and the rubber gaskets around the doors were cracked and had slipped out of place. Perhaps it was time for a new fridge.
I went on line to search for a new fridge. Criteria: White, Bottom Freezer, at least 20 cf, reasonably priced and no fancy add ons! The search resulted in only 1-2 models in each of the major appliance stores!
At our first stop the sales rep said, "You want WHITE??? I only sell MAYBE one of those a month!" Default is Stainless Steel, then black. If you want white it will take 3-4 weeks and cost extra! WHAT?!?!? You’ve gotta be kidding, right?
Next Doc and I went to Sears. We found a model which was acceptable. "You want WHITE? Sorry, at this time it is not available in white." White is evidently no longer in fashion. I don't want fashion! I want a basic, inexpensive, cold box with no frills!
I was growing frustrated so I asked for some Divine guidance in this decision. “Dear God, I am ready to give up, Please Help, Thanks”.
The sales rep said, "We could get this model in Bisque." Bisque?!?! You're kidding! I’ve never seen a fridge in Bisque (Crème). My kitchen sink, cabinets, tiles, etc. are all in cremes and such. The old white fridge didn't blend well, but it was better than black or stainless. Bisque should be just perfect!
Doc was skeptical about getting the Bisque color, but I felt "led" to get it.
AND ... we could get it in 2 days AND for $100 LESS than the white model!
The fridge arrived today. The color blends in REALLY well! (Doc even had to admit that).