Penny Palace

Penny Palace

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Make My Day

How many times have you heard, “It’s Merely a Matter of Adjusting Your Attitude.”  And that “YOU create your day”.  Well, this morning I was fortunate to experience a great example of that.

Sunday morning.  The alarm went off at 7 a.m. and I was ready to greet the day.  Friend Norma and I were finally going to have some time together.  (I have been trying to visit with her since last August).  There were a few urgent issues that needed my attention before I could leave the house.  I finally left 20 minutes later than I had planned.

There was one delay after another in my commute. A major freeway interchange was closed for maintenance and there was a long detour.  Rats!  I took that route and then zoomed to my destination.  One mile out, there were railroad crossing signs halting traffic.  There was a long stop while passengers were getting on and off the Metrolink.  Rats!  I sat there with a very pissy attitude.  Thoughts like “I only have this short time with Norma.  This is Not fair!”  What else could go wrong?”  As soon as I thought that phrase, I realized the Universe would likely answer my question with some not-so-desirable results.

While delayed by the train, I quickly retracted those initial thoughts and instead focused (and said out loud), “I am seeking some really nice things by the end of this day.  How can things get better?”  I also thought, “Maybe while Norma and I are together, we could spend a few minutes calling my good friend JJ (who lives in Texas).  I have not heard from him in a while.  That would certainly create a bright spot in the day”.

The railroad crossing signs were lifted and I proceeded to my appointment with Norma.  I arrived (30 minutes late) and Norma informed me that she had some bad news – our appointment could only be an hour (instead of the three we had planned).  She needed to get to the airport.  The reason for that was because JJ had flown in unexpectedly for two days and was now flying home.  He was there at the restaurant! What a wonderful breakfast together. YES!  THINGS certainly did get better!  A Live HUG was much better than a long-distance phone call.




***********
My heart was happy on the drive home.  I stopped at a thrift store for a few minutes to search items for the next mailbox display at the Penny Palace. As I walked through the doors, there was a shiny penny there.  Yes!  Things were looking up.

In rummaging through the shelves of discarded items, I found a heavy candle holder.  (See attached photo).  What is the Big deal about THAT you ask?  Six days ago I was checking up on doggies for friends of mine.  I emailed them: “I like that candle holder you have behind your sofa.  It would go nicely at the Penny Palace if you ever decide to get rid of it.”

I guess the Angels liked that same candle holder for the Penny Palace, so they Manifested an identical one for me!

COINcidence?



1 comment:

Chaz DeSimone said...

Two miracles in one day? Now I know for sure you're making this stuff up.